Today, we’d like to share a Zanola research study that we have completed for a major private equity firm to provide a market focus study for two new homes developments in the Austin, Texas market area and the Jacksonville, Florida market area.
The purpose of these opportunity assessments were to discover and recommend the best value-increasing combination of residential development; new home types and amenities for the developments’ most positive futures. The research studies forecast the extent and type of demand over the next seven years for new homes.
Following are examples of what Zanola is creating for this client’s greatest success:
- Socioeconomic Overview and Analysis: This guide provides summary interpretation of demographics and socioeconomic information relevant to the potential developments and market areas. It provides supporting data interpretation and chart/graph snapshots that include demographics data, employment and incomes, age and household distribution, migration factors, job growth outlook, homebuyer predictors, market area economic influences, and household formation.
- Homebuyer Affordability Variables and Analysis: This guide provides demographics, earnings, and interest rate factors within the market areas. It provides variables and combinations of these factors as a means to analyze potential positive and negative impacts, as well as a preview to pricing and absorption strategies.
- New Detached Homes Activity and Analysis: This guide provides summary interpretation of new single-family detached housing activity that is relevant to the potential developments and market areas.
- New Attached Homes Overview: This guide provides a limited overview of new attached homes found to be relevant to the proposed developments.
- Residential Foreclosure Information and Analysis: This guide identifies and accesses residential foreclosure and REO activity that is available in the study market area. It provides summary interpretation of available foreclosure and REO information with supporting data interpretation and chart/graphs snapshots relevant to the potential developments and market areas.
- New Detached Homes Communities Comparison: This guide provides an overview of total competitive new, detached home developments.
- New Attached Homes Communities Overview: This provides a limited overview of new, attached home developments found to be relevant to the proposed developments.
Both studies conclude with a discussion that provides a combined analysis statement based on a review of all of the above research sections. It provides key analysis components that include site analysis, anticipated homebuyer mix by home type, anticipated homebuyer behavioral preferences and predictors, risk considerations, current and potential pricing, timelines, absorption, and revenues.
These have been great projects for an exciting client! Keep watching – we’re moving the market!
By Denise Kruse